so this happened today…
i got a call on my way to school from my dad telling very urgently to turn around and get to his office immediately. when i tried asking why he told me to just hang up and get there quick.
i couldn’t think of any other reason he would have me miss class other than an emergency, and my first thought was that somebody died. as i was driving to my dad’s office i was thinking about all of the worst possible things that could have happened and i started hyperventilating and sobbing uncontrollably.
some background info: my dad works for a lighting company, and they had worked on one of Gary Oldman’s light fixtures a few weeks earlier, not knowing it belonged to him. one of their client’s clients is Mr. Oldman and he was the one who brought it in to be worked on. apparently he needed some light fixtures for his house so he brought him over to see what they had in the showroom, but he didn’t tell them who he was bringing over.
when i finally got there, my dad was totally confused as to why i was crying and told me to calm down and be quiet, because Gary Oldman was in the next room. of course i thought he was fucking with me, but no, he wasn’t. after i composed myself he came in and we talked for a little while and took a few pictures together. i told him about me crying thinking someone had died and he thought that was funny. we talked a little about what i was doing in school and a screenplay he is working on about Eadweard Muybridge and that Ralph Fiennes has signed on the play him. i told him that Ralph was like my second favorite actor after him, and he jokingly said that next the time he came by he’d bring Ralph with him.
After that he stuck around for a while and talked to my dad’s boss, who is also really into the origins of film and projection and all things related so they talked about Muybridge for a while and they recorded their voices on an old Edison cylinder phonograph. the whole time i was just sitting like 5 feet away in total disbelief that it was all actually happening.
after he left i went to school and throughout the whole day i had to keep looking at the picture to make sure it all really happened and that i didn’t just dream it all up.
it was kind of the most amazing day ever.
- cumberbatchcoffeeklatch likes this
- eekwgermany likes this
- ahsokatano23 reblogged this from fyeahgaryoldman
- vampyrotechnics likes this
- amandajbowie likes this
- natlyra likes this
- thereisaplacefortheoutsiders reblogged this from doyoulikelifesweetheart
- bubuffet likes this
- doyoulikelifesweetheart reblogged this from s-h-i-t-sandwich
- doyoulikelifesweetheart likes this
- all-this-makes-me-smile reblogged this from fyeahgaryoldman
- shineslikethetop likes this
- bingonightatthestripclub likes this
- gorgeousgeorgelove likes this
- kmeisj likes this
- lycoluna likes this
- monalisaphoenixmoon likes this
- men-alicia-likes likes this
- tokkatai likes this
- whitequeenofwonderland reblogged this from fyeahgaryoldman
- lokisminion reblogged this from myonlyrealityislove
- impure-lace likes this
- thebestgaryoldman reblogged this from fyeahgaryoldman
- freecommons likes this
- thursdayroma likes this
- dusty-shoes likes this
- sweetmoonbeam17 reblogged this from fyeahgaryoldman and added:
- sweetmoonbeam17 likes this
- synful-self likes this
- sharksinspace likes this
- nefermiw likes this
- postingjusttopost likes this
- archangel-gaybriel reblogged this from s-h-i-t-sandwich
- kungfupan likes this
- sprayonshoes likes this
- dr-napkin-face likes this
- xr0o0nix likes this
- youneedtostrut likes this
- archangel-gaybriel likes this
- confortinbeingsad likes this
- carrotkid likes this
- noblepederast reblogged this from fyeahgaryoldman
- splinterslikerain likes this
- couragessilentscream likes this
- mn42 likes this
- movienut likes this
- cherylbird likes this
- moviebuffmcfly reblogged this from fyeahgaryoldman
- tenyouusness likes this
- moviebuffmcfly likes this